I got a request from a loyal reader to feature a trend she’s been seeing and loving everywhere- the chevron- a zig-zag line pattern, kind of a simplified herringbone. I’ve been seeing it too, and I’ve got to agree- it’s bold, it’s daring, it’s awesome! There are a lot of great things popping up in this pattern, and this is great news for you crafty home trenders! If you’re digging it too, this could be a great afternoon of DIY fun, whether it’s refreshing a desktop or a tray, or taping off an accent wall, you can totally pull this one off this weekend! Here are some ideas to get the juices flowing, and some helpful resources for getting this big bang into your room for just a buck or two. Fashion often crosses into interiors and vice versa. I’m not sure where this one started, but I’ll give you a sampling of each!
This first one is such a cool wall created by Stephanie at Sabbe Interior Design who explains on her blog exactly how to do it. With contact paper. In an hour! Wow, that’s design savvy.
And as for the fashion finds, this skirt didn’t make it into the collage, but I have to include it anyway for my dear friend Kimberly, who adores all things J. Crew right now.
2. Diane Von Furstenberg Brygid Dress from Saks Fifth Avenue
3. Washed Stretch Georgette Della Chevron Dress From Bloomingdales
4. Printed Neoclassic Small Handbag From Balenciaga
5. Monochromatic Corset Dress From Anthropologie
6. Maillot One Piece Swimsuit From Ladrama Queen on Etsy
7. Mirrored Clutch from Kenneth Cole via Couture Carrie
8. Shoshanna purple chevron silk tie-waist ruffle top From Bluefly